Producing has always been an important component of LVanHart Artist Productions. Production credits include:
An advocate of education, Hartmann has produced panels and workshops for organizations including The Association of Performing Arts Presenters and Chamber Music America. Whenever possible, we incorporate educational components with our events.
- Jazz @ The Loft at Quilty's (SoHo in NYC) a series that featured food and music. Artists that appeared on the series were Gary Bartz, Steve Wilson/Lewis Nash Duo, Scott Colley, Ralph Alessi, Ravi Coltrane, Paul Bollenback, Dave Samuels, Chip Jackson and many others.
- A concert in Tribute to Dr. Billy Taylor for Chamber Music America. That concert featured Taylor's music played by Ramsey Lewis, Jimmy Owens, Steve Wilson, Carla cook, Stefon Harris, Chip Jackson, Winard Harper, Billy Childs and Mulgrew Miller
- In 2010, CMA invited Hartmann to produce a concert tribute to Chick Corea at Symphony Space in NYC. The sold-out performance featured Gary Burton, Tim Garland, Antonio Sanchez, Steve Davis, Geoffrey Keezer, Hans Glawischnig, Marcus Gilmore, Diane Monroe and the Harlem String Quartet and the music of Chick Corea, including his chamber works.
- "A Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Dr. Billy Taylor," a concert that took place at the Massry Center for The Arts at The College of St. Rose and featured a solo performance by pianist Ramsey Lewis. The evening began with a Conversation between Lewis and Hartmann who were both close friends of Dr. Taylor, and made it "a genuinely special evening." (albanyjazz.com)
- Steve Wilson's 50th Birthday Celebration at Jazz Standard, Feb 2011. Six bands in six nights featuring Karrin Allyson, Carla Cook, Bruce Barth, Ed Howard, Adam Cruz, Christian McBride, Mulgrew Miller, Jeff "Tain" Watts, Geoffrey Keezer, Jon Wikan, Linda Oh, Diane Monroe, Lewis Nash, Ugonna Okegwo and more.
Jazz @ Stella May Gallery Theatre, Kingston, NY.
LVanHart Artist Productions is very proud to announce that Laura Hartmann has been asked to curate a series for the 2013/2014 season at the Barnes Foundation in Philadelphia, PA. The series is entitled Jazz at the Crossroads and will explore the many styles of music that have influenced jazz, or that jazz has influenced. We will be listing the concerts here and on our Tour page once they are confirmed.
We are proud to announce our new home for jazz at The Saugerties Performing Arts Factory, located at 169 Ulster Ave, Saugerties, NY. Just off exit 20 of the NYS Thruway, SPAF is one of the most original spaces around. Renovated by Erica and Gerard Price, SPAF also houses The Gallery @ the Factory, which is currently filled with a wonderful selection of contemporary art. Check out www.saugertiesperformingartsfactory.com or our page on Facebook.
Our first event: SPAF Summer Jazz Camp. We are offering four courses this July: Improv, Small Ensemble Workshop, Guitar Ensemble and How To Produce a CD. Read the Press release. For more information on the classes or to download a registration form:
Press Release 7/2/11: Kingston-Based Concert Producer and Manager Laura Hartmann is a Growing Force in Jazz. Read More.
Kingston Benefit is all that jazz, a feature in the Life section of the Daily Freeman.
Read the article..
Review: RAMSEY LEWIS
at Massry Center for the Arts, College of St. Rose
Albany, NY - April 29, 2011
by J Hunter, AlbanyJazz.com
I went to a concert the other night, and instead I got an education. Mind you, that's the way the evening's honoree would have wanted it.
The show was originally going to feature the Billy Taylor Trio, and we were going to celebrate Dr. Taylor's 90th birthday year. Unfortunately, Billy Taylor passed away December, which means jazz lost one of its greatest boosters and influences. But in another example of how good can come out of bad, Laura Hartmann - a CSR alum - was able to convince Taylor's longtime friend (and sometime duet partner) Ramsey Lewis in to pinch-hit.
Doers and Dreamer
People Who Make Kingston Special
Click here to read Laura's interview with the Kingston Main Street Manager.
Almanac, Dec. 16, 2011 "...the forecast for great jazz in our area is looking superb." Read More
Schwanguk Journal Review, Dec 23, 2011 "some area residents are finding innovative ways to improve education in the arts" Read More
Chamber Music America Corea Tribute Concert Finale (photo © 2010 Shelley Kusnetz)
Chamber Music America Panel Phillip Ying, Billy Childs, Laura Hartmann, Chick Corea, Fred Sherry, Ida Kavafian (photo © 2010 Shelley Kusnetz)